Innocent Bystander

A little tech, a little current affairs, and my view on whatever has my attention at the moment...

Current Terror Alert Level
Terror Alert Level

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

What I Did on The Fourth of July

I know, one of the rules was no personal stuff... but you know what, it's my blog, I make the rules, and I can break them too!

I actually had a really good Independence Day. To start off, I packed up my nearly 2 year old son nice and early and headed off to a small parade on Capitol Hill. We didn't watch the parade mind you... we were IN the parade :) We got to drive in the parade which was a lot of fun. It was a short little parade, and I think there were actually more people participating in the parade than were actually watching the parade, but whatever.

From DC we headed to Annapolis to hang out with friends for a few hours and then it was off to yet another parade. This time it was my wife, our son, and our dog in the car to drive in a MUCH bigger parade through downtown Annapolis. That was just fantastic. I've marched in a few parades before but never have I been in one that had as large a crowd as this one, and it was a blast!

Then we watched the DC fireworks on PBS... I've got to say that coverage was pretty craptacular... The music was poorly timed and the camera angles were crummy. But it was better than sitting outside with the bugs, in the humidity, and the crush of people... and then trying to figure out how to navigate our way out of that crush of people and home!

All in all, a pretty good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home