Innocent Bystander

A little tech, a little current affairs, and my view on whatever has my attention at the moment...

Current Terror Alert Level
Terror Alert Level

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Bizarre Tech Story of Last Week

I've been a bit busy, so I didn't get to write about this last week...

I first heard about this story on CNet's Buzz Out Loud podcast and found it written about on The Register, http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/10/13/mp3_breast_implant/ however the story appears to have actually been broken on the UK tabloid The Sun.

The sun says that Ian Pearson over at BT Laboratories has proposed breast implants with an MP3 player embedded in them...

Take a second and digest that one...

The concept is apparently to embed the electronics in the implant and output the audio wirelessly to headphones via bluetooth. The entire setup would be controlled using a bluetooth enabled control panel.

There's a whole lot of questions to be resolved of course... How would you power this whole thing? What about transferring songs, how is that accomplished? Better yet, will a large cup size result in an MP3 player with a larger capacity?

2 Comments:

  • At 9:04 PM, Blogger jlc said…

    As a woman, I can say I would have to be out of my mind (or at least paris hilton-calibre dumb) in order to fall for this gimmick. hahhah. I am still pondering whether the hard drive in a DD would be larger in comparison to that of a C... I can't help but wonder if malfunction in the MP3 device would lead to faulty implants as well.... could you swim? Bluechip tech crap scares me. Period. Let's leave it at that. It's one step away from being humanoid robots.
    (nobody wants that)

    jill*
    http://www.jillicious1.blogspot.com

     
  • At 9:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Let me just say --- NO. No....and more no.

    It is just wrong -- bad enough men talk to my boobs --- doesn't mean I want them listening to them.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home