Innocent Bystander

A little tech, a little current affairs, and my view on whatever has my attention at the moment...

Current Terror Alert Level
Terror Alert Level

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

iWood Not, But Would You?

If you've been reading the Innocent Bystander for a while then you may know that mixing wood and electronics is a sure fire way to catch my attention.

With that in mind I'd like to show you the iWood case for your iPod Nano.




Coming soon from Miniot.com http://www.iwoodnano.com/miniot/index.htm. I think this is a pretty sharp looking case for your Nano. However I think it's got a few shortcomings, the most glaring of which is the fact that it completely obscures both the clickwheel and the display. The only thing that you have access to with the case closed is the headphone jack. You need to open the case to get to the controls and to get to the dock connector.

There's one other big issue that I see here... Granted I don't own a Nano, but I would think that the big reason you'd buy a Nano is because of it's size, it's really really small. So why then would you take such a small (and light) device and stick it into a case that will probably significantly increase it's size and weight?

However, if your a Nano owner and your interested in this it'll start shipping on October 20th according to the Miniot website.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home